support

CONTACT: Tip | COMMENT: Respond | FOLLOW: | EMAIL: Newsletter

promo

101 KLOL documentary Runaway Radio Houston screening
WATCH: Mike McGuff's "Runaway Radio" 101 KLOL documentary - now streaming!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

KVUE 24's Olga Campos captured on film as Houston teen



It's not everyday you jump on YouTube and find footage of popular TV anchors as teenagers. To my surprise, that did happen to me concerning KVUE 24 Daybreak and Mid-Day Anchor Olga Campos.

"I grew up in Houston's East End where my parents, Jesse and Esther Campos, still live in the same house off Polk Street," Campos told mikemcguff.com. "My years on the (then) Foley's Teen Council and my reign as Miss Fiestas Patrias - are among my high school highlights!!!"

Courtesy KVUE

Campos told me she is not sure about who shot this footage or how it appeared online, but she has enjoyed the trip down memory lane.

"My daughter, Allegra, a Junior at Belmont University in Nashville came across this," Campos said. "We thought it was sweet, since I was younger (16 at the time) than she is now (she and her twin sis are 20). It's unbeivable how many high schoool friends spotted the clip."

The narrator on the clip says this video was captured October 1972 and was a home movie. Campos was in costume for Houston's Main Street Art Happening.

While this is a rare find, I guess it is not that rare. KPRC's click2houston.com is showcasing its anchors high school prom photos. CONTACT: Leave me a Houston or Texas media news tip | COMMENT: Click to leave your thoughts on this post here